Mercedes Benz Unimog 411
1:43 Universal Hobbies
Driving a Highline, driving comfort.
The Highline is well known in road transport worldwide, because the Scania cab that includes the comfort, reliability and technical prestige are the most used and very well balanced standard in commercial vehicles for road transport in Europe.
The model represent the period of 2004 to 2009 year.
=== Description ===
TRACTLUX is a company wich provide a fleet of industrial vehicles and trained truck drivers, based in Livange Luxembourg.
A letter from the executive office …
« Competitiveness : our key to success ! »
The company’s aim is the competitiveness, that is to say: to keep on guaranteeing an irreproachable service in an increasingly competitive sector. We attach great importance to the drivers’ training and the constant renewal of our fleet in order to be in line, in a very short term, with the last technologies concerning gas emissions.
The biggest international transport companies are looking for our kind of job more and more, because we allow them to focus on their job in letting us manage the technical and social aspects in relation with their activities.
Our advantages, know-how, and a denoted competitiveness enable us to provide our clients with prices allowing them to be more competitive on the market in turn, with a quality service. Our success is largely due to our clients’ success but to the mastery in our activity in all its details too.
The ecology and the environment protection are the top priorities of our activity. 5.73 pounds of CO2 are produced for each litre of diesel used. As responsible haulier, we cannot ignore this aspect. We endeavour to modernise our fleet, to train our drivers in order to adopt a clean driving behaviour. Keep in mind the aim of carrying out more responsible actions and always limiting a little more the impact of our activities on the environment.
According to some reports, dump based on GAZ-51 was created by joint efforts of engineers and GAZ and Ural-ZIS. Now it is difficult to accurately estimate the contribution of each company to work together, but miaaskoe company has at least given the task of creating a tipper. Whatever it was, the fruits of this labor are both used the plant – GAZ received truck GAZ-93, and Ural-ZIS- a few years later was arranged production truck Ural-ZIS–351, hydraulic equipment and body which were identical to those of the GAZ-93.
Initially edition truck GAZ-93, along with UlZIS-253, was supposed to learn at the Novosibirsk automobile plant – in 1946 began the first of five equipment factory floor, which in 1947 had already been prepared for the assembly of trucks. However, due to the reprofiling Naz, in the same 1947 an order was signed by the Minister of car and tractor industry to organize the production of dump trucks at the Odessa car assembly plant, which by this time mastered the SKD is supplied under Lend-Lease Studebaker, Chevrolet and Dodge. Issue volume dump envisaged at 10,000 (according to other sources – 20,000) per year. The start of production scheduled for the II quarter of 1948 and until the end of the same year it was planned to release 3,000 copies of the truck. Because of puffs when fitting the first dump trucks left the gates of the assembly shop in December 1948. The first time the assembly was carried out in temporary premises – Construction of the main building was completed in December 1951.
Despite the fact that OdAZ was entrusted not only to build trucks but also manufacturing its own loading platform and lifting equipment, the first time, yet some units acted in cooperation with MAZ (pumps for tipping mechanism) seemed (PTO) and later GAZ and ZIS produced about fifty stamps for stamping production. OdAZ and MAZ transferred all equipment and tools for the manufacture of parts of the oil pump. Already in 1950 the release of trucks reached the level of 60 vehicles per day, and in the I quarter of 1952 the plant reached a capacity of 20 thousand trucks a year.
GAZ-93 had a classic of its time (the 50s of last century) hydraulic system: the pump has been aggregated with a hydraulic cylinder and is driven by a power take-off via the propeller shaft. The maximum hydraulic pressure was 15 kgf / cm2. Hoisting carried out from the cockpit. Tipper superstructure mounted on the chassis of GAZ-51 with a short 320 mm frame. Load dump truck is 2.25 tons. A metal box-shaped body had a volume of 1.65 cubic meters for unloading hinged tailgate. Lekgovesnyh for transportation of cargoes in the side walls had holes and brackets for rack patched to increase the height of the boards.
Despite the emergence of GAZ-93D and GAZ-93B, produced in parallel (GAZ-93B – perhaps in parallel!) With GAZ-93, a direct heir of the GAZ-93 can be considered as the GAZ-93A, which was released in 1960 at Saransk factory dump.
Replaced the GAZ-93D in 1956 came truck GAZ-93B, based at the recently started releasing GAZ-51A (for mounting tippers GAZ issued specially adapted GAZ-51D), and received all-metal body volume of 3.2 cubic meters (vs. 1.65 cubic meters from the GAZ-93) and 2.25 tons of lifting capacity. Also got a few easy dump hoist drives – power take-off has been combined with the oil pump and control valve, so that eliminated the need for intermediate driveshaft (perhaps even this scheme appeared on the GAZ-93 later releases).
Already in 1956 OdAZ produced one hundred thousand truck and in the same year to begin exporting GAZ-93B. 1957 was the year of the maximum production volume of main products – left the assembly line of 21,580 trucks. But quite unexpectedly intervened Chairman of the Economic Council of Mordovia EA Veselovsky – he was born in Odessa and knew all her industry. And since it was necessary to create the industry Mordovian ASSR, he offered to carry out the transfer of production to trucks Saransk Mechanical Plant (SMZ). April 17, 1958 was issued Joint Resolution of the Central Committee of the CPSU and the USSR Council of Ministers №422 of discontinuance on ODAZ trucks. Of course, one of the reasons was the inadvisability of the annual transportation twenty thousand chassis with gas at OdAZ at a distance of about 1700 kilometers, and returned back to Russia finished product – where it was logical to organize the production of trucks at the Saransk mechanical plant as Saransk was less than 300 kilometers from Gorky.
In 1958 it began the transfer of production of GAZ-93B with OdAZ on SMZ (Saransk factory dump was formed only in August 1960, based on dumper production SMZ) and, since the fall, and until the end of 1958 at the facilities of SMW were assembled 500 trucks of sent with OdAZ kits. Serial release of the truck GAZ-93B in the SMZ began in February 1959. Total in 1959 was planned to produce 8,000 units of dump trucks and parts of own production and establish a power to produce 20,000 cars a year. In the first quarter of 1959 were collected the first 300 trucks completely homemade, and just in 1959 was made 8,264 dump, which is significantly higher than the annual target.
Recent GAZ-93B on OdAZ were collected in 1959 and in the future, the company is engaged in production of trailers. In Saransk the issue of GAZ-93B with minor changes lasted until 1976 when, due to the removal of production at GAZ GAZ-51A base, he was replaced by SAZ-3503 chassis GAZ-52-04.
1:43 Altaya IXO
Chubs Pegasus is a truck model made from 1946 with petrol engines and from 1949 with diesel engine, by the Spanish company Pegaso, and based on a previous model, the legendary car Hispano-Suiza 66G. While the official name given to the model began as Pegasus I, the distinctive design of the cab earned him the nickname “Chubs” nickname by which even today remains known. They were manufactured a total of 2139 units between all its variants, and a prototype of electric traction Z 601. After 2,139 units and 13 years in the market, “Chubs” was discontinued and was replaced by the ‘Barajas’, the first fully manufactured by Enasa Pegaso from january 1959.
With its grille it is easy to determine if the model is powered by a gasoline or diesel engine. In the case of gasoline engines, the grid will be 9 horizontal bars; while the diesel engine to equip, have a barbecue with 13 bars.
Curiously, these trucks outfitting the steering wheel on the right side of the cabin, to make it easier for the driver to control the side of the road and avoid overtaking due to poor visibility.
The Pegaso Z-701 is a modification of Chubs “standard”, redesigned for use as a tractor, so lacked any case for transport, produced from1954 to 1959 and called Chubs Series IV
Pegaso Z-203-E (Pegaso Diesel) • Oil Gas 140 hp – 14.8 Tm WFP
Pegaso Z-701-E (Tractor) • Oil Gas 140 hp – 26 Tm WFP
Diesel Pegaso Z-701 engine was an inline 6-cylinder, located in front longitudinal position, had a displacement of 9,347 cc that allowed it to develop 140 hp at 1,850 rpm and reach 72 km / h. The drive was back and manual gearbox unsynchronized 8 + 2 relations.
The presented model is manufactured by IXO for the publishing house Altayain the 1/43scale and corresponds to the first delivery collectible Altaya tractors with trailers. The model represents the state-owned tanker trailer Campsa used in airports for refueling aircraft. For the details of the cabin presumably is the 3B Series of the Z-701 “Mofletes”. It is a well resolved, with good mold and painted quite correct lifelike model. The most significant failures are the pivots of the lights, the size of the wheels, the mismatch between the enrollment of the tractor and semi-trailer, the yellow square of the top of the cab should not be represented, and the yellow triangle on a blue background that instead of being in a square must should be centered and in a circle.
The Scania 3-series is the greatest truck of all time according to British magazine Commercial Motor.
The magazine published a list of the 100 greatest trucks of all time in its 7 May 2015 issue and said of its top pick:
“Scania’s legendary 3-series takes our top spot. Introduced in the autumn of 1987, the 3-series built on the already enviable reputation of the 2-series and scooped the IToY award in 1989. Still highly regarded today, the top model was the 143M Streamline with 500hp. Trucks don’t get better than this.”
The magazine’s 100 greatest truck list did not include trucks built in the past 10 years as “they haven’t had time to prove their greatness or iconic status yet.”
Three more Scania trucks also made the list. The 1-series was placed 4th, the R-series came 11th and the Scania-Vabis LB 76, developed as a result of maximum length legislation, was placed 26th.
1. Scania 3-series
2. Volvo F88
3. AEC Mandator
4. Scania 1-series
5. Volvo FH
6. MAN TGA
7. Leyland Roadtrain
8. Mercedes-Benz Actros
9. Bedford TK
10. ERF EC
(11. Scania R-series)
(26. Scania-Vabis LB 76)
Source: Commercial Motor, 7 May 2015
Camions d`autrefois N3
This diecast Unic`s model represent one of legendary truck in France from the 60th years in a livery of the french producer of aliments for animals “Sanders”. It is issued under N3 of the french collection “Camions d`autrefois” by Altaya edition.
Unic was founded by Georges Richard after he left Richard-Brasier. In 1905 Richard had a meeting with the entrepreneur-financier Baron Henri de Rothschild and obtained funding for the creation of the “société anonyme des automobiles Unic“, based at Puteaux. The objective was to manufacture “unique” (rather than mainstream) vehicles, and at the start the company made only light cars and taxis with two-cylinder and four-cylinder engines.
The taxi business would remain important to Unic for more than three decades, while Rothschild’s steady financial support through good times and bad, provided stability which sustained the business, critically during the immediate post-war years.
In 1922 the firm introduced a three-ton truck, called the Unic MSC, which marked the start of a switch towards production of larger commercial vehicles. 1922 was also the year when the founder of Unic, Georges Richard, died while awaiting transfer to a Paris clinic, following a motor accident en route to Rouen. Georges Dubois, hitherto in charge of vehicle testing, took on responsibility for the business.
After 1938 Unic concentrated in the truck business, being one of the leading French makes.
In 1952, the firm was taken over by Simca, headed by Henri Pigozzi, who wanted a commercial vehicle production unit. Trucks of this period are commonly referred to as Unic-Simca trucks.
In 1956 the French arm of the Swiss truck manufacturer Saurer was taken over.
In 1966 Unic joined the Fiat Group.
In 1975 a holding company named IVECO was established covering truck and bus brands such as Fiat, OM, Lancia, UNIC and Magirus.
In 1976 UNIC-FIAT S.A. became UNIC S.A.
In 1992 IVECO UNIC S.A. changed its name to IVECO FRANCE S.A.
The heavy-duty N trucks introduced in 1965 within the ‘System 8’ family of trucks were not very exciting to the casual spectator. They looked, in fact, almost identical to the predecessors (‘Viking’ and ‘Titan’, respectively) but were completely redesigned under the skin/the bonnet.
When Volvo had introduced their trucks in the USA in the late 1950s, the experiences from this very demanding market had great impact on future Volvo trucks. It is, in fact, very much due to the lessons learned during the 1950s and the 1960s, that Volvo trucks of today are among the best trucks in the world.
Targets behind the engine design With the exception of the bonnet and the cab, the N86 and the N88 were completely new trucks. A most ambitious renewal had taken place under the bonnet, where new engines of 7 and 10 litre capacity had taken the place of older engines of the same nominal capacity but were now designed with greater safety margins and increased output in mind.
The two new engine sizes had been designed for very high outputs and efficient turbocharging. Five targets had had top priority; total reliability, long service life, low fuel consumption, low weight and potential for future development. In addition to these five targets, the engines would also show in the future that they had great potential to prove unique environmental characteristics like low noise level and clean exhaust emissions.
Fully synchronised gearboxes Even more radical than the engine design was the basic design of the new ‘R50’ and ‘R60’ gearboxes, being fully-synchronised and of the range-change type. Gearbox handling was greatly facilitated due to its utmost reliability and the minimum of force needed when changing gear (for the time); it also had the advantage of only four positions for the eight speeds (each position was utilised for two speeds). These gearboxes were to become famous and would be copied by Volvo’s competitors.
Together with new design of important components such as the frame rails, the steering system and the brake system, the N86 and the N88 were truly brand-new trucks under the skin.
Model / Year / Engine / Displacement / Power / Type
N88 1965-73 Volvo D100: I6 ohv 9,602 cc (585.9 cu in) 200 bhp (149 kW) Diesel engine
N88 1965-73 Volvo TD100: I6 ohv 9,602 cc (585.9 cu in) 260 bhp (194 kW) Turbodiesel
The model is the second issue of the famous french diecast collection called “Camions d`Autrefois” published by Altay`s edition and produced by IXO exclusively for the French market. In my opinion it is a very nice and right reproduction on the real famous “Titan” from the nord family of Volvo.
The Mercedes-Benz Trucks L-series is a conventional layout, cab-after-engine truck manufactured from 1959 to 1995. In Germany it is most commonly referred to as the Kurzhauber (for “short bonnet”). The engine intruded into the cabin underneath the windshield, all in the name of making a shorter truck to meet the strict period German regulations on overall length.
The short name for these L series trucks in Deutschland is Rundhaubers.
The L-series was first produced in Germany in 1959 and was in production for export until 1995, long after domestic German sales had ended. The L-series was a big export success for Mercedes-Benz and became very popular in the Middle-East, South America and Africa. In Arabia, the L-series in 6×6 sleeper cab configuration (Model ‘LS’) handled heavy road traction almost exclusively.
Originally, medium-weight trucks (L323 and L327, with 110 PS or 81 kW inline-six diesels) intended for shorter delivery and construction work were built in Mercedes’ Mannheim plant. The heavier trucks, for long-distance and heavy construction work, were built in the Gaggenau plant. These were designated L337 and L332B (L334B from 1960), with 12 t (26,500 lb) or 19 t (41,900 lb) total weights and 172–180 PS (127–132 kW) diesel six-cylinders. In 1962 the more powerful 19 tonne L334C was added, mainly intended for export. The model designations were a warren of letter combinations reflecting the vehicle’s intended use, until a new system (still in use today) including overall weight and engine power was introduced in the summer of 1963, for simplification – the first one or two digits indicate the rounded GVW in tones, next figures – engine power to tens of horsepower. According to the new index system the L323 model became L710, L328 became L911, L322 became L1113 and L327 became L1413. Main construction innovation was using diesel engines with direct fuel injection.
The 5.7 L (5,675 cc) OM352 was Mercedes-Benz’ first direct-injection diesel engine. After having debuted in 1964, a 130 PS (96 kW) it found its way into the Kurzhauber in the 1967 L/LP 1113B series (“11” for the tonnage, “13” reflecting tens of horsepower). The engine (and other versions thereof) gradually spread through the range, replacing the earlier indirect-injection units.
After 1995 production in Germany ceased but was continued at Mercedes-Benz factories in South America, where it had already been built for some time. The trucks built in Brazil received a facelift in 1982, with a squared off grille in black plastic featuring rectangular headlights for a more modern (albeit somewhat incongruous) look. The L-series remains in service throughout many of the regions to which it was exported.
In Iran it is known as Benz Meiller and it still produced by Iran Khodro Diesel Company as Khawar in 2 models : 2624 & 1924. The former model 2628 is stopped producing.
In 1969 he was made a record number – 83196 In 1970, the production volume of the Group Daimler-Benz, marked the release of the one millionth truck exceeded the 100,000th milestone. This allowed since the early 70s. undertake regular upgrades of all the series and the introduction of brand new models.
Engine: OM 352
Engine Output: 130 PS
Motor Revolutions: 2800 Rpm
Tyres: 11.00 X 20
Front- Mitas NB 59
Rear- Mitas NT 9 MIL
Electrics: 12 Volt
Front Axle: AL 3
Rear Axle: HL 5/1 S-10
with Differential lock
Axle Ratio: 6/41 which is i= 6,833
Max Speed: 80 km/h with 11.00-20
Servo Steering: LS5
Original Gross Vehicle Weight: 8990kg
Current Maximum allowed Weight: 7490kg
Actual current weight: 8200kg
Length: 8000mm / Width: 2460mm / Height: 3600mm
Koffer: 5.0 m Long / 2.5 m Wide / 2.3 m High
(Sources Minerales Henniez S.A.) is a Switzerland-based company that is principally engaged in the bottling and distribution of mineral water. Henniez Blue is a natural, still water, Henniez Green is a light sparkling water, and Henniez Red is a more intensely carbonated water. Each mineral water variety is also available to buy in polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottles. The Company is headquartered in Henniez, Switzerland.
The first GLR out Venissieux factories in January 1950. They are given for total weight (GVW) of 13,500 kg. The PTC will evolve over the years and GLR ended his career in 1980 at most of the regulations or 19000 kg. Note that it is exceptional that an industrial product is associated with a long period.
The GLR took into account a number of important technical advances that would immediately make a remarkable material: 5-cylinder engine that will soon become the “gold standard” functional cabin semi-forward position, giving a perfect distribution of loads, bridge 2 speed for the tractor version very easy maintenance and repairs to the plans and, of course, a constant quality of manufacture of the brand since its inception.
The GLR will be an outstanding success with a total of over 100,000 units built, not including CKD (collections for factories abroad).
Engine: Diesel 7,9l / 5 cyl./ max.power: 120hp./ 2000 rpm / transmision: 5 manual / Max. speed: 70km/h. / Weight 5500kg. / Load weight:7000kg.
A jury of 32 professionals, gathered in 1994 by the magazine Rovers on the occasion of his sixtieth birthday, was to elect the GLR “Century Truck”.