Mercedes Benz Unimog 411
1:43 Universal Hobbies
1:43 Altaya IXO
Chubs Pegasus is a truck model made from 1946 with petrol engines and from 1949 with diesel engine, by the Spanish company Pegaso, and based on a previous model, the legendary car Hispano-Suiza 66G. While the official name given to the model began as Pegasus I, the distinctive design of the cab earned him the nickname “Chubs” nickname by which even today remains known. They were manufactured a total of 2139 units between all its variants, and a prototype of electric traction Z 601. After 2,139 units and 13 years in the market, “Chubs” was discontinued and was replaced by the ‘Barajas’, the first fully manufactured by Enasa Pegaso from january 1959.
With its grille it is easy to determine if the model is powered by a gasoline or diesel engine. In the case of gasoline engines, the grid will be 9 horizontal bars; while the diesel engine to equip, have a barbecue with 13 bars.
Curiously, these trucks outfitting the steering wheel on the right side of the cabin, to make it easier for the driver to control the side of the road and avoid overtaking due to poor visibility.
The Pegaso Z-701 is a modification of Chubs “standard”, redesigned for use as a tractor, so lacked any case for transport, produced from1954 to 1959 and called Chubs Series IV
Pegaso Z-203-E (Pegaso Diesel) • Oil Gas 140 hp – 14.8 Tm WFP
Pegaso Z-701-E (Tractor) • Oil Gas 140 hp – 26 Tm WFP
Diesel Pegaso Z-701 engine was an inline 6-cylinder, located in front longitudinal position, had a displacement of 9,347 cc that allowed it to develop 140 hp at 1,850 rpm and reach 72 km / h. The drive was back and manual gearbox unsynchronized 8 + 2 relations.
The presented model is manufactured by IXO for the publishing house Altayain the 1/43scale and corresponds to the first delivery collectible Altaya tractors with trailers. The model represents the state-owned tanker trailer Campsa used in airports for refueling aircraft. For the details of the cabin presumably is the 3B Series of the Z-701 “Mofletes”. It is a well resolved, with good mold and painted quite correct lifelike model. The most significant failures are the pivots of the lights, the size of the wheels, the mismatch between the enrollment of the tractor and semi-trailer, the yellow square of the top of the cab should not be represented, and the yellow triangle on a blue background that instead of being in a square must should be centered and in a circle.
The Mercedes-Benz Trucks L-series is a conventional layout, cab-after-engine truck manufactured from 1959 to 1995. In Germany it is most commonly referred to as the Kurzhauber (for “short bonnet”). The engine intruded into the cabin underneath the windshield, all in the name of making a shorter truck to meet the strict period German regulations on overall length.
The short name for these L series trucks in Deutschland is Rundhaubers.
The L-series was first produced in Germany in 1959 and was in production for export until 1995, long after domestic German sales had ended. The L-series was a big export success for Mercedes-Benz and became very popular in the Middle-East, South America and Africa. In Arabia, the L-series in 6×6 sleeper cab configuration (Model ‘LS’) handled heavy road traction almost exclusively.
Originally, medium-weight trucks (L323 and L327, with 110 PS or 81 kW inline-six diesels) intended for shorter delivery and construction work were built in Mercedes’ Mannheim plant. The heavier trucks, for long-distance and heavy construction work, were built in the Gaggenau plant. These were designated L337 and L332B (L334B from 1960), with 12 t (26,500 lb) or 19 t (41,900 lb) total weights and 172–180 PS (127–132 kW) diesel six-cylinders. In 1962 the more powerful 19 tonne L334C was added, mainly intended for export. The model designations were a warren of letter combinations reflecting the vehicle’s intended use, until a new system (still in use today) including overall weight and engine power was introduced in the summer of 1963, for simplification – the first one or two digits indicate the rounded GVW in tones, next figures – engine power to tens of horsepower. According to the new index system the L323 model became L710, L328 became L911, L322 became L1113 and L327 became L1413. Main construction innovation was using diesel engines with direct fuel injection.
The 5.7 L (5,675 cc) OM352 was Mercedes-Benz’ first direct-injection diesel engine. After having debuted in 1964, a 130 PS (96 kW) it found its way into the Kurzhauber in the 1967 L/LP 1113B series (“11” for the tonnage, “13” reflecting tens of horsepower). The engine (and other versions thereof) gradually spread through the range, replacing the earlier indirect-injection units.
After 1995 production in Germany ceased but was continued at Mercedes-Benz factories in South America, where it had already been built for some time. The trucks built in Brazil received a facelift in 1982, with a squared off grille in black plastic featuring rectangular headlights for a more modern (albeit somewhat incongruous) look. The L-series remains in service throughout many of the regions to which it was exported.
In Iran it is known as Benz Meiller and it still produced by Iran Khodro Diesel Company as Khawar in 2 models : 2624 & 1924. The former model 2628 is stopped producing.
In 1969 he was made a record number – 83196 In 1970, the production volume of the Group Daimler-Benz, marked the release of the one millionth truck exceeded the 100,000th milestone. This allowed since the early 70s. undertake regular upgrades of all the series and the introduction of brand new models.
Engine: OM 352
Engine Output: 130 PS
Motor Revolutions: 2800 Rpm
Tyres: 11.00 X 20
Front- Mitas NB 59
Rear- Mitas NT 9 MIL
Electrics: 12 Volt
Front Axle: AL 3
Rear Axle: HL 5/1 S-10
with Differential lock
Axle Ratio: 6/41 which is i= 6,833
Max Speed: 80 km/h with 11.00-20
Servo Steering: LS5
Original Gross Vehicle Weight: 8990kg
Current Maximum allowed Weight: 7490kg
Actual current weight: 8200kg
Length: 8000mm / Width: 2460mm / Height: 3600mm
Koffer: 5.0 m Long / 2.5 m Wide / 2.3 m High
(Sources Minerales Henniez S.A.) is a Switzerland-based company that is principally engaged in the bottling and distribution of mineral water. Henniez Blue is a natural, still water, Henniez Green is a light sparkling water, and Henniez Red is a more intensely carbonated water. Each mineral water variety is also available to buy in polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottles. The Company is headquartered in Henniez, Switzerland.
From 1931 the production of the “Opel Blitz” trucks from 1.5 to 3 tons payload started by American standards. The suffix “flash” determined by the manufacturer a competition. In 1936 came the new three-ton “Opel Blitz 3.6 to 36 S” on the market and 1937/38, a new generation of engines. Due to high demand, a new truck plant was built with a production capacity of 150 vehicles per day in Brandenburg / Havel. With 75 horsepower, the “Blitz S” up to 90 km / h was fast and could carry up to 4t readily. 95,000 units, mainly for military purposes, to August 1944, when bombing raids completely destroyed the factory built. From 1940 there was a four-wheel drive version, the “Opel 3t truck 6700 Type A”. Of these, the plant produced about 25,000 pieces. Critical to the success of this type were his light but robust construction, good off-road capabilities and reliability. After the war, all remaining vehicles were needed for the reconstruction and supply, which is why the “flash” for many years belonged in both parts of Germany to the streetscape. The special was next to a four-wheel drive vehicle in several post-war Wehrmacht design modifications including a version with wood gas drive. In addition to the three-ton “flash” are still some lighter types, so-called “vans” that time to see.
As part of a contest the catchy name Blitz was found in 1930 for the new truck series. There were four basic versions of the 1934-ton model and 14 versions of the larger two to two and a half ton truck. As part of the upgrade of the Wehrmacht Opel built in 1935 on the initiative of the Nazi government designed for a total annual capacity of 25,000 trucks truck plant Brandenburg. The larger type of truck got in 1937 as a replacement for the technically outdated side-valve 68-horsepower gasoline engine of the GM-model Buick Marquette a newly constructed OHV engine with 75 hp, which was also used in the Opel Admiral. From 1940 it was the 3.0t unit Opel Blitz trucks from 3.6 to 36 (3.6 liters; 3.6 meter wheelbase) for the Wehrmacht in the flash versions S (standard) and Blitz A four-wheel drive (3 , 45-meter wheelbase). For commercial use came in 1943 a model with standard wood gasification plant in the production.
After the American Management had initially behave passively against the inclusion Opels in the war economy of the Nazi regime, this General Motors threatened with the confiscation of the works as enemy property. The three-tonne Opel Blitz in 1937 produced a “unity Truck” Opel factory in Brandenburg from 3.6 to 36 (see FIG. Schell Plan) was produced at the request of the defense minister Albert Speer as under license of Daimler-Benz Mannheim plant from June 1944. A planned production at Borgward was no longer possible after the Allied air attack of 12 October 1944 the Bremen plant-Sebaldsbrück. Only built in 1943 Opel in Brandenburg / Havel 23,232 vehicles. After being destroyed by a British air attack on August 6, 1944 the Brandenburg plant was indeed rebuilt; to a production but did not get it. By order of the Soviet Military Administration in Germany the dismantled machines were spent in the Soviet Union and demolished all building work.
The Lightning S with three-ton payload was manufactured from August 1944 until the war ended only in the Daimler-Benz plant in Mannheim. This was not in a position to produce more than about 2.500 “flash” tanker lorry to end of war; Therefore, the investment in the production was a commercial failure for Daimler-Benz. As of June 1945, the Mannheim plant the truck built with no manufacturer name under the designation L 701 – first with a cab made of wood hardboard. As of August 1948, the vehicle was handed down by a Certified Opel sheet metal cab.
The trucks were sold under the names Opel as well as Mercedes-Benz. The last 467 vehicles turned Opel in Rüsselsheim 1950-1954 from prefabricated parts even after setting had finished the production of lightning at Daimler-Benz in Mannheim on 10 June 1949. A successor model in this size class (3 t payload) it was not from Opel.
Version: Opel Blitz typ 3,6-36S
lenght (mm): 6100
width (mm): 2265
height (mm): 2025 – 2565
track of wheels (mm): 1542 (front) – 1620 (rear)
weight (kg): 2495 kg.
cargo (kg): 3300kg
Tyres: 190-20 or 7,25-20
Engine “Ottomotor” : 75 hp at 3000 rpm , 6 cyl, water-cooled, gasoline 3626 cm3
Transmission: 5 forward and 1 reverse
fuel capacity (l): 85
fuel consumption (road / off road): per 100 km (l): 25 / 35
max speed (km/h): 85
turning radius (m): 15
ground clearance (mm): 225
This model represent a truck imatriculated in Ulm, Germany, from Booss & Co farming enterprise. The model is a part of Opel collection, issue in Germany and made by Ixo (Altaya) in scale 1/43. Each model of this collection comes with a magazine detailing the history and the specifications of the car. The models themselves come in full display perspex box. The Opel Collection could best be described as ‘semi budget’: more expensive than DelPrado, Hachette & Agostini, but way less than conventional full-price models likes Minichamps, Neo, AutoArt.